A-1 Advantage Asphalt’s Sustainability Promise
A-1 Advantage Asphalt, Inc. strives to be the industry leader in providing all phases of quality asphalt work. We are, at the same time, mindful of our impact on the environment. Our goal is to continually improve our processes so that we can help to ensure the availability of natural resources well into the future and be a steward of the planet. We will:
- Recycle as much waste material as possible by providing receptacles in the office and shop, and taking clean job materials to recycling plants.
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, sending invoices and quotes via email as PDF files, and requesting pdf bills from vendors. We utilize online bill-pay when possible, and encourage electronic payments from customers.
- Donate to charity or recycle equipment that is no longer of use to the company.
- Keep energy usage low. For example, replacing florescent light fixtures with LED, and using low energy light bulbs throughout. We ensure computers are shut down after work. Light switches have motion sensors and turn off when no activity is detected. Thermostats are programmable so schedules can be set based on need rather than on and off.
- Reuse waste paper (from the printer) where possible, making use of the blank side for notes etc.
- Purchase products made with recycled paper. For example, paper towels, and printer paper.
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact. For example environmentally safe soaps and detergents. We provide dishes rather than paper plates, washable flatware rather than plastic, and filtered water and cups rather than bottled water.
- Purchase clean idle company vehicles and keep all vehicles and equipment CARB compliant. Encourage crews to ride to jobs together rather than in their own vehicles.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email.
- Reduce water usage by converting to drip irrigation throughout, and replacing older toilets and faucets with modern, water conserving models.